In 2006, Hartpury College, University of West England and the Chinese Equestrian Association bestowed Meadowbrook with an International level of accreditation. We were proud to be one the two public riding clubs in China to receive this prestigious 3 stars rating on the first year of the programme.
The clubs were judged on:
- Overall care of the horses
- Suitability of the horses for the objective the club has set itself
- The qualifications and especially teaching abilities of the staffs
- The efficiency of the clubs record keepings
- Suitability of the facilities of the objective of the club has set itself
- Overall safety aspects
” Meadowbrook of Shanghai shows that with simple facilities and local horses, they can still provide an outstanding service to their clients. Their success is in concentrating on the well-fare and the training of the horses and the quality of teaching. Their attention to details is very impressive.”
– Jeremy Michaels, Equine Director of Hartpury College and the Chief Examiner of the British Horse Society
Ed Wong, Founder of Meadowbrook and a group of students attended the special ceremony in Beijing. We were presented with a plaque by the HRH the Duke of York, Prince Andrew of UK and invited to join other riding groups in mounted games. The students did us proud, we were told they stole the show.